Wednesday, May 22, 2013

When I was a kid, I would spend tons of time playing video games, I have a few favorite but Final Fantasy 8 was in my top 5. So you can imagine how trilled I was to hear that there was a SIM on Second Life that opened featuring Balamb Garden. (It's the place you start at in the actual Game).
I heard they were actually re-opening it. It had been on Ice for a bit of time.
Anyway, Here is some pictures for ya.






I had a great time and met some pretty funny folks. And I guess the nostalgia kicked in and I started to play FF8 again just to see it in game.
It's so funny to go back and realize how horribly blocky the game was, yet to us it was the cutting edge and we loved it! hehehe.




So I saw that I could help a bit and made them a surprise, the Elevator signs and the numbers on them as well. You can compare below to the Original above. It's not quite the same but they really appreciated it.
They wanted me to join the project but I had to refuse, I am just too busy with my own at the moment :(
I will help whenever I can though. ^^


Here is the SLURL if you would like to visit. Be careful though it is still a work in progress.
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Heretic%20Pass/8/120/791






No comments:

Post a Comment